WORLD of DANCE
SwingCha SanFrancisco
2019-04-04 01:04:39 UTC
​WORLD of DANCE television program, Spring 2019

Because there were so many distracting cuts, probably an average of more than twelve per dance, I stopped counting them and started to count only CUTS AWAY from the dancers' dancing.

Derek said (paraphrase) "If you blink, you'll miss it”. Cuts AWAY from dancing dancers are the equivalent of eye-blinks and we missed it.

I don't care what else going on in the world, the auditorium, the studio, or the stage while dancers are dancing. We should NEVER see ANYthing but the dancers' dancing while the dancers are dancing!!!

I hate to admit I'm not hip enough to get was meant by the confusing title "The Duals".

Here is my count of the CUTS AWAY from the dancers dancing during their March 31 duels:
Sisters 7; Audrey 5; Kayla 4; Funkanomics 6; Moving 4ward 5; Aydin 4; Julian 5; Trilogy 5; Loren 7; Tap 5; Kayla 4; Tap 2.

Here is my count of the CUTS AWAY from the dancers dancing during the previous week's duels:
VPEEPZ 6; Battle Droids 7; Intention 4; Get Down 6; MKAM 7; Elektra 7; Divas 5; JPC 4; Crazy 6; West 6; Divas 5; MKAM 5.

CUTS AWAY from the dancers dancing on a previous broadcast:
EZ Twins 7; D'Angelo 4+; Denise 5; Jonathan 6; DD 6; Poppin 7; Derek 7; Derion 6; All Ready 6; Briar 4.

And all cuts of dancers while they were dancing on an earlier broadcast:
Kayla 17; Fuego 10; Aydin 15; Upper 10; Exiles 13; Briar 11.

The above dis-service to the dancers and us, the audience, is just one of the many reasons I cannot watch Dancing With The Stars. At least we're not being asked to opine on what's happening on World of Dance.

DWTS Who picks the music https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.dance/5GDLYihM04o/R2FzgOjOCgwJ
http://AboutDancing.info/

Similar comments under America's Got Talent 2019
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.arts.dance/350Pk4WCuO4/VJYYJfWvBwAJ
SwingCha SanFrancisco
2019-04-09 23:11:44 UTC
I stopped counting [cuts] and started to count only
CUTS AWAY from the dancers' dancing.
Derek said (paraphrase) "If you blink, you'll miss it”.
Cuts AWAY from dancing dancers are the equivalent of
eye-blinks and we missed it.
World of Dance broadcast of April 7.
Jennifer Lopez made a "don't blink" comment. Cuts are the equivalent of blinks. Please don't do it!

Cuts AWAY from dancers dancing:
Siudy 4; Fuego 4; Unity 2; Style 4½; Heima 3; Exiles 4; Main 5; Radiance 5; Kings 4; Motiv 4; Exiles 2; Motiv 2.
SwingCha SanFrancisco
2019-04-21 22:57:20 UTC
‏@derekhough @JLo @NeYoCompound
Cuts AWAY from dancers dancing on the #WorldofDance, April 14, “The Cut”:
Jonathan 3; Derian 2½; All Ready 1; Brar(?) 3; Dangelo 3; Poppin 2; Vpeetz(?) 2; Elektro 3; JDC 2; Crazy 2; Get Down 2; Divas 2.

Though fewer than before, still too many.

SwingCha